Trane Technologies Acquires Nuvolo
Our flagship solution – built for the people who manage any workplace
Watch our latest customer webinars.
Watch our latests video podcasts.
Effective Date: 23 August 2021
We may modify the Policy from time to time. We will post the modified Policy on our Website before the changes are effective as described in more detail later in the Policy. We encourage you to look to our Website periodically to see if we have changed the Policy.
This Policy does not apply to any third-party applications or software that integrate with the Services or any other third party products, services or businesses. Certain pages of our Website may, from time to time, contain external links. You should verify and validate any and all privacy practices of other websites. We encourage you not to provide personal information without first assuring yourself of the privacy policies of such other websites.
We have organized our Policy into the following sections for your ease of reference:
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Nuvolo collects information to operate effectively, create an efficient experience for you, and to provide you with our Services if you are a Nuvolo Customer.
You have choices about the personal information we collect from you, and in some cases, you can modify your privacy settings to prevent collection. We describe those options in this Policy.
(1) Information we collect from you. You provide some personal information when you become a Nuvolo Customer or take part in a marketing or research activity. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. If you choose not to provide personal information that is necessary for Nuvolo to provide the Services, perform the marketing or research activity, you may not be able to use the Services or partake in such activity. Personal information we collect from you includes:
We also collect information and content you provide to us, including in messages you send to us, such as questions and information you provide to us for customer support or in response to a marketing or research activity. When you contact our support personnel by phone or through chat sessions, we may monitor and record those conversations for quality assurance purposes. In the event you participate in any community or forum activities, we maintain any personal information you disclose if you use a bulletin board or directory, import a blog, or participate in a chat room. Please note that third parties can read, collect, and use your information to send you unsolicited messages if you participate, and Nuvolo is not responsible if you choose to disclose your information on any forum. Refer to the “How You Can Control Your Information” section if you want us to delete this information.
(2) Information we collect using cookies and web beacons. Nuvolo collects some information by using cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are data files that Nuvolo.com (the “Website”) sends to your computer while you are viewing the Website. We collect some information through cookies if you visit the Website regardless of whether you are a Nuvolo Customer, including data about your device and how you and your device interact with the Website. We record the information we collect on log files. This log data includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or any Services, as applicable, browser type and settings, the date and time, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data to analyze the trends, administer the Website, track visitor’s movements and to improve our Website and our Services. We collect information about devices you use to access the Website, including the type of device, the operating system, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. The amount of device information we collect varies on the type of device you use.
You can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is sent or turn off cookies through your web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox). Check your browser HELP menu to learn the correct way to change or update your browser. You can also learn how to control cookies and to delete cookies from your computer at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/. However, restricting cookies will impact the functionality of the Website.
Some of our web pages contain electronic images called web beacons. Web beacons allow us to count the number of users who have viewed the Website’s pages. In promotional email messages, web beacons allow us to count how many people read them. We do not use web beacons to access your personal information without your consent.
The Website includes social media features, such as Facebook and Twitter links, as well as share buttons or interactive mini-programs. These features collect the user’s IP address, the pages visited on the site or service, and set cookies to enable the features to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Website. Interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notices of the social media companies that provide them.
(3) Information from third parties. We obtain information from third parties. We protect information obtained from third parties according to the practices we describe in this Policy in addition to any restrictions the third party requires. These third-party sources vary but may include data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect and publicly available sources.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nuvolo uses the information we collect to operate our business and to send communications to you, including research, educational and promotional communications about our Company and Services.
(1) Providing and improving our Services. We use information we collect to provide and improve the Services and to perform essential business operations, such as customer support. We also use information to protect the security of our Services, to detect and prevent fraud, and to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We use information to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business.
(2) Communications. We use information we collect to communicate with you and to personalize our communications with you and conduct research. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to discuss your account, update or inquire about a request, tell you if you need to take some action to keep your account active, or to invite you to participate in market research, including but not limited to certain polls and surveys which may be submitted by other Nuvolo users. Research participation including in these surveys or polls is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether to disclose information. We also use the information we collect to send you educational and promotional communications about our Services.
WHY WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal data with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We will also share personal information with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. In these cases, the vendors and agents must abide by our information privacy requirements and are not allowed to use personal information they receive from us for any other purpose. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these third parties, contact us at compliance@Nuvolo.com.
We will also disclose personal information as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
We will from time to time retain an independent third party to perform an analysis of the statistical and aggregate data and other information with respect to our Services. Such aggregated information is used to improve the functionality and/or use of our Services and future product offerings.
We will access, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have some choices about Nuvolo’s collection and use or you personal information. You can choose whether you wish to receive educational or promotional communications from Nuvolo by email and telephone. If you receive promotional email from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in that message. If you are a Nuvolo Customer, these choices do not apply to mandatory service communications sent to a company email distribution list that we do not control and that are part of our Services or surveys or polls or other information communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a resident of the European Union, we store and process personal information in the United States, and we take steps to ensure our collection and processing complies with this Policy and the requirements of applicable laws. If you are located within the European Union, Nuvolo will transfer to and process your personal information in the United States. The same level of protection for your personal information as exists in the country in which reside may not apply. By using the Website you consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described in this Policy and to the transfer and processing of your information. If you are a Nuvolo Customer your submission of your personal information through the Website represents your express consent to such transfer and processing.
WHY WE RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at compliance@Nuvolo.com.
Nuvolo retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill the transactions you requested or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types, actual retention periods may differ. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
ACCESSING, CHANGING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to your personal information, request changes to it when it is incorrect, request us to delete it, or object to Nuvolo’s processing of your personal information. If you have consented to Nuvolo processing your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will not have any effect on the lawfulness of Nuvolo’s processing of your information prior to your withdrawal.
Upon written request, Nuvolo will provide you with information about whether we hold any personal information about you. If you request deletion of information we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and require proof of identification. If you are a Nuvolo Customer, we may be required by law to retain your personal information or may need to retain your personal information in order to continue providing Services. If you close your Nuvolo account, we will remove your personal information unless we reasonably believe that it may be necessary to prevent fraud or abuse; it is retained for legitimate business purposes (such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable information for account recovery purposes); or, if it is required by law. Even after we have processed your request for a change or deletion, Nuvolo may retain certain residual information in the backup and/or archival copies of Nuvolo’s database for audit purposes, for our customers’ protection, and to comply with valid legal process. We will retain the audit trail information for at least as long as is required for the subject electronic records, and it will be available for agency review and copying.
In some cases, Nuvolo may process personal information about individuals on behalf of its customers. Nuvolo acknowledges that these individuals also have the right to access their personal information as well as to request corrections to it or to have it deleted. However, when Nuvolo has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes, individuals who seek access, or who seek to correct, or delete their personal information, Nuvolo will direct them to the relevant Nuvolo client (the data controller).
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION
Children are not eligible to use Nuvolo’s Services. Minors should not submit any personal information to Nuvolo and/or use the Nuvolo Services. Nuvolo does not knowingly collect personal information from minors who are under 18 years of age. If we discover data connected to minors under 13 years of age, we will delete such data immediately.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We will update this privacy statement when necessary. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the Policy. If there are material changes to the Policy or in how Nuvolo will use your personal data, we will prominently post on the Website the revised Policy and a summary of the changes before they take effect. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to learn how Nuvolo is protecting your information and to access the Website to determine if there are any changes to this Policy.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Unless otherwise indicated, Nuvolo is a data controller for personal information we collect through our Services. Our address is Nuvolo, 16 Mica Lane Wellesley, MA 02481. Our telephone number is 844-468-8656. You can also send us an email to compliance@Nuvolo.com.